Comments, Complaints and Suggestions

Our aim is to provide the highest level of care for all our patients.  We will always be willing to hear if there is any way that you think that we can improve the service we provide.


Making a complaint

If you have any complaints about the service that you have received from the doctors or staff working at this practice please let us know.


We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible

— ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks

— because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint;


  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem: or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that it is within 12 months of the incident.


The practice manager will be pleased to deal with any complaint.  She will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.  You can make your complaint:


In person – ask to speak to the practice manager or in her absence the most senior partner, office manager or member of staff on duty at the time of the complaint.


In writing – some complaints may be easier to explain in writing – please give as much information as you can, then send your complaint to the practice for the attention of the practice manager as soon as possible.


What we shall do

Our complaints procedure is designed to make sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible.


We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 25 working days of the date when you raised it with us.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.


When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  •    Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  •    Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
  •    Make sure you receive an apology, where appropriate.
  •    Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

At the end of the investigation your complaint will be discussed with you in detail, either in person or in writing.


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.


What you can do next

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure.  We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and the opportunity to improve our practice.


However, you may wish to approach The Patient Advice and Complaints Team (PACT) for help or advice.  PACT is based at County Hall, Exeter and provides confidential advice and support, helping you to sort out any concerns you may have about general NHS issues. For any queries ring the team on 01392 267 665 or 0300 123 1672, text to 07789 741099 or email You may alternatively wish to contact NHS England on 0300 311 2233.


If you remain dissatisfied with the response to your complaint, you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your case.  You can contact the organisation by telephone on: 0345 015 4033, or write to them at:

  The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

  Millbank Tower, Millbank

  London SW1P 4QP

or via their website:


Help us to get it right

We constantly try to improve the service we offer.  Please let us know when you think we have done something well or if you have any suggestions as to how we can do something better.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website